GOOD NEWS! (that has nothing to do with food)

The plan today was originally to go to the gym before rehearsal, since there's a lovely 24 Hour Fitness right by the theater, but then I realized that I left my sneakers in my locker at school, which would take me a solid hour out of my way to retrieve. So instead, I had a dance party in my room while watching season 3 of "Angel". The result? 3 PointsPlus Points. Fantastic.

In other news today was also a day filled with cookies and desserts and not the best choices. Good things happened yesterday so I bought a cookie to celebrate, which I did knowing I could afford it and wanted to treat myself. And then...I got to the theater. And someone had made mint brownies and someone else brought the most magical cookies ever filled with like 15 different kinds of chocolate chips and peanut butter and marshmallows and it was basically a cookie designed with me directly in mind. I love hodgepodges of flavors. So...there's that. Bad choices.

ON TO THE GOOD NEWS! Which has nothing to do with my diet but much to do with my self confidence. So you may remember how I said I made the finals of a local opera competition? And how I was just excited to right "Competition Finalist" on my resume? WELL I WON. And not like I placed and won some money (which would have been very awesome in it's own right) but I came in FIRST. Which is AMAZING since that's the first time I've ever even made the finals. I'm pretty psyched and feeling pretty damn fantastic about it. Also my voice lessons for this summer and change are completely covered financially, so that's a load off my mind. I basically flipped out when I read the email that listed me in first place. Like...seriously. Dancing, crying, cheering in my room. By myself, at 1 am when the email went out. Craziness. But I'm so happy!!! It was seriously the pick me up I needed at this point, so thank you, Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment