Happy Birthday to ME!

Well today (technically yesterday, I guess) is/was my birthday. Horray! Nothing much happened which was wonderful. Dinner was pretty good, at a restaurant by me that I went to once before and remembered being excellent, but today was "pretty good." I liked my food, Mom was not a fan of hers, Dad liked his, and Grandmother seemed to like hers.

As you can tell, I'm home with the parents for a week of fun filled not being in San Francisco/Family time/Friend time/Generally having more to do than I did sitting around unemployed in California. It's been very nice, but I have not counted points in 3 days. At all. Even opened the Weight Watchers site. I think I'll start again on Monday. But really, I'm home (family-childhood home). I'm going out to eat constantly. I knew this would happen, I mentally prepared for it. I'm doing my best, and really so far I feel like I'm not completely over doing it. Well...maybe a solid bit more alcohol and desserts than usual, but what are you going to do? I went for a lovely walk this morning, so at least I got some exercise in the mix.

It's pretty awesome to be getting so many compliments from family and friends about how I look. I do have to remember that, though I know I feel and look a lot better, I'm no where near my goal. Sometimes if too many people say I look good I decide it's close enough and revert back to old habits. I'm trying not to let compliments go to my head, is I guess what it comes down to. Don't worry, though. I need to go shopping tomorrow, and that always brings me back to earth. I imagine I'll still pick up a dress that should be my size and find it tight in uncomfortable places. Woo! Joys of shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment