25 Below

Officially down the big 2-5. Not sure why this feels like an awesome landmark, but it does.

There was very little posting this week because there was very little activity on my part. At all. I took the week off from just about everything but watching my food. I didn't go to the gym, I let myself recover from the craziness of the opera in which I had little to do but had to constantly be away from my house. Which, as a result, meant that I actually did exercise during the run of the show. So I guess that's how I lost last week. This week I just tried to watch what I consumed. And I caught up on things like laundry, groceries, and my own personal music learning. You know, the insignificant details of life.

I don't have food news other than my love of kabocha squash. It is just as difficult to deal with as butternut but there's something fun about it. Maybe it's that the outside is green? When I was googling how to best prepare this squash someone said that the skin was edible once cooked. I ate some of it and lived, so I suppose that's true. It got soft and edible once cooked. It was generally very similar to butternut squash. I wish squash was not so labor intensive, then I'd eat it every single day, but I usually just don't have that much patience.

Tonight I will hypothetically finish the 3rd book in the Outlander series, which strangely took me forever to read. The first 2 I zipped through in no time but the third one is taking me so long that I'm forgetting details from the beginning of the book. There was a big reveal at the end of the book regarding who was doing what somewhere in the beginning, and I had no reaction, as I forgot that said event had even happened. Wow, my attempts to be spoiler free are just...nonsensical. BUT after this I have book reading decisions to make, because I think I'll take an Outlander break. Do I go on to the wackiness that is the second Sookie Stackhouse novel, or do I catch up with the rest of the world and go to Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Or say screw it all and go Margaret Atwood? OR read the other 2 Scott Pilgrim comics I have. ...I feel my taste is ecclectic.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kelly! Congrats on the big 25 -- that is indeed an awesome accomplishment.

    I love kabocha squash, especially with roasted miso-y, ginger-y flavors... so good! In Japanese cuisine, it is often simmered in broth with soy sauce and some sweet rice wine, which is also a delicious way to go. Mm.

    As for reading recommendations, I've been into the Kingkiller Chronicles, which are super entertaining. The first is called The Name of the Wind, and they're by Patrick Rothfuss... here's the amazon link:

    http://www.amazon.com/Name-Wind-Kingkiller-Chronicles-Day/dp/0756405890/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1302792675&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete