Happy but, again, confused

Body, HOW do you think I've lost weight during run week? How? Did you not notice me going over my points like whoa on snacky tasty carb food in the green room? Did you not notice the MOUNTAIN of french fries, beer, hard cider, and Irish coffee that was enjoyed on Sunday night? And the mac and cheese? And the nachos? Did you miss that? Did you miss the fact that the last 2 days I didn't bother really counting my points, I just hoped for the best and waited to reset because, really, why bother counting when you're already over? DID YOU MISS THAT? Because how the hell do you think I lost 2 pounds this week? I mean really.

But that's what the scale says. :/ ? huh? I mean...thank you? But how? I'm also (apparently) down 10% of my weight from when I started this thing, so that's exciting.

I did try to do my best this week, and I guess I did well. I tried to leave a little wiggle room in my points because I knew that there would be sugary deliciousness waiting backstage at the opera and I knew that I was just sunk if I tried to avoid that completely. Mmmm cookies. And one day: MINT BROWNIES. Om nom nom. ...What was I saying?

But the upswing, I suppose, is that I felt kind of crappy after my Sunday of overindulgence, and I take that as a good sign. It lessens my desire to binge on fries and junk food, because I know I'll feel lousy the next day. I just need to remember that in the moment. When all I ate was junk food, I didn't notice a difference. The fact that I'm not eating a little bit more healthfully (wait, spell check, that's a word? ok then) means that my body is a-changing and sorting itself out a little.

ALSO! Mini tip of the week: When you want to indulge in a burger with the fixin's and fries and beer ect, but you realize you actually are just craving cheese and deep fried potatos, not beef, go ahead and get the veggie burger! Once it's covered in gouda and mushrooms and a really good bun, you won't notice much of a difference unless you've been hankering for some MEAT. Which, that particular day, I was not. Beer and fries were my main focus.

This Sunday of good food and alcohol was brought do you by Nickies in the Lower Haight. Nickies: where the macaroni and cheese has smoked gouda, the nachos are the thickest, crispiest chips ever, the burgers are fantastic, they have Smithwick's on tap, and Magner's cider is their drink of the month so they let you keep the glass. Highly recommended.

In other news, I just killed a spider that was up high. You must fully understand how arachnophobia I am and how much my hands are shaking as I type this, but I was mid blog entry when I spotted it so I felt the need to share. Okay, that's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment