"Ou vas-tu? Ta douleur t'egare!"

Quickie post as I collect my thoughts and intend to do a better post later. I missed my usual Wednesday Weigh In update because...I just did. Tonight was our opera workshop scenes recital which was 3 1/2 hours long and just drained all energy out of our entire department. Sigh. But it went. It went alright, I think I sounded okay though I still wasn't super happy with it. Lack of connection, I think. It was all thrown up so fast that I didn't do enough work on my character and as a result felt very disconnected from the scene. But it's over now, so that's that. For anyone wondering it was a scene from Rossini's "Guillaume Tell" (in French. Oh yes) and I was Mathilde. Sauve Guillaume. Il meurt victime de son amour de son pays. Yes sir.

Today I was also in a general funk, which I attribute to many things, but in no small part to my lack of gym for over a week. I know, I know. Timing has been strange this week. I had to buy clothes/dress rehearsal Tuesday and get groceries yesterday. The weekend was lost to various recitals and pure laziness. I WANT to go back, I just don't think I can before maybe Saturday and then not again until maybe Tuesday. But I want to keep moving, I really do like it even though it makes me smelly.

Crashing now after that LONG concert. Well done all performers, everyone was brilliant and true opera slaves tonight. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment