Tales of Recital Food

Well. It's Saturday. I have about 9 week points left. I've gone to the gym twice this week. I intended to go today but...best laid plans, I supposed. I should go tomorrow. Recital food is a major temptation, especially when all that is offered is delicious homemade sweets.

For everyone who's not a musician, recital food is an art form unto itself, or at least it was at my undergrad. It's the food at the reception after the recital. Here at grad school the receptions seem much more low key, but I have been to receptions in the past that included a full home-cooked Italian buffet, or were professionally catered, or had mountains of Chick-fil-a nuggets, or had gourmet cupcakes as far as the eye could see. At my undergrad, the food was a much bigger deal than the recital itself. This grad school...neither seem to be that big of a deal, to be honest. Attendance is much lower than my other school, so that's why the receptions are so much smaller. BUT still delicious. This one featured possibly the best chocolate chip walnut cookies I've ever had. They were also the size of my hand and twice as thick. And cupcakes. So, you know...temptation. I'm weak.

I have no idea what the food will be tomorrow. It's like the encore, always a suprise. And sometimes, much more appreciated than an encore. I hope gym attendance before (or after, I suppose, it all comes out in the wash) the recital will offset the points damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment